Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Girl

What happened to my little baby Grace?  I woke up this morning and BOOM!  She is now FOUR!  FOUR YEARS OLD!  She is not a baby… even though she likes to snuggle with me on the couch.  She is not a baby… even though she likes me to carry her like one.  She is not a baby even though she likes me to comfort her when she is sad or hurt.  She is a little girl…reading, writing, coloring, pretending, building, singing, caring, helping.  She is my little Grace…. So full of life and smiles.  (She will always be MY baby, though!!!)





 I love how she greets us in the morning with a smile and a HUGE hug.  I love how she giggles with her sister.  I love how she gives me a spontaneous, “I love you, Mommy!”  I love how she kisses her brother and tries to make him stop crying by making funny faces at him.  I love how she LOVES books and reading (when she reads to her sister and brother it is AMAZING!).  I love how she delights in simple things like a single sticker.  I love how she dresses herself and picks out outfits that usually go together. I love how she makes up songs and likes to perform them for us with a hearty bow at the end!  I love how she is so helpful around the house with my chores.  THERE IS SO MUCH TO LOVE!!!

Oh, Grace…. MOMMY LOVES YOU… LOVES YOU 1 MILLION BARRELS!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Grace!!!! I love how you wrote all the things you love about your big girl who will always be your baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so sweet!! it really does seem like just yesterday that she was born!
    what a beautiful young lady she is turning into!

    ReplyDelete