Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Home sweet home?

Home sweet home? Not yet. I was totally sick of boxes today, so I carried them down to the basement (will Danny notice?). I just don't want to deal with them any more. I have had boxes and boxes laying around since January. I am done with them! I did, however, manage to get a few more things hung on the walls so it is starting to look like home and with the windows open it feels like home. And it has been smelling like home with my lovely apple candles! :)

It probably will take a LLOONNGG time for Iowa to feel like home, but I hope that at least the inside makes us comfortable. The girls are adjusting well and LOVE the playground that our neighborhood has. Grace told me today that it was her favorite part of her new house. It is fun to meet more people every evening -- and get excerise at the same time. It is only a 5 minute walk on the sidewalks of the neighborhood, but last night we took the "long" way... Danny wanted a little adventure! :)

We are settling in... but.... it isn't home sweet home yet.... maybe house sweet house?

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling about boxes!!! We have them out of the main floor, but I still need to go through some that are in the basement. BUT I don't feel like it!!! We have what we need so that's what matters! So glad Grace likes the playground. You must LOVE the fact that you can walk to the playground! Your house looks cute. I like the front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful house! can we come over for dinner tuesday?? :(

    ReplyDelete